1. Setting the ball at the best attack angleThis is one of the essential aspects of Golf chipping. Setting the ball at the most appropriate angle of attack will determine how accurate your hit will be and whether you are going to hit the green or miss. What you need to avoid necessarily is setting the ball too far from you and making a too much powerful hit. This will eventually cause a very hard contact with the ball which can make it judge where the ball is going.
2. The techniques needed to hit the ballTo make a perfect chip every time you need to develop a suitable technique for yourself. The reason is for you to be able to make a dependable hit every time you need to chip. You are looking for a nice length of stroke back and through. For you to get a reliable shot, your legs need to have a lot of bends to be able to move your weight through impact. This can guide you to getting a necessary hit on the ball. However, the most important thing is having a great technique that is most suitable for you.
3. Use your hand for chipping to get a great resultTo get an excellent result you need to use your hand and let them do the job. Using your hands is very crucial for making a great shot because it allows the club to move up and comes down with a very hard strike on the ball. Making a great hit depends on how you use your wrist to hinge the club up on the backswing and releases it back on the ball.
4. Keeping your head up gives a nice chipping shotKeeping your head down is not a good idea when you want to chip, This is because if your head is stuffed to your chest it makes your upper body lose the ability to rotate and causes your hand to do all the work. To prevent this from happening to keep your head straight and your neck Upright with your spinal cord is the best. However, keeping your head up don’t means keeping your eyes away from the ball.
5. Selecting the right club gives an accurate chipMake use of the right club when chipping. For a better chipping, you can use an 8-iron, a pitching wedge, and a Sand wedge. The 8-iron and the pitching wedge can be used for chipping except that the pitching wedge is more appropriate on deep grass.
6. Making a very nice swing adjustment when chippingAdjusting your movement is determined when there is an obstacle between you and the green. One of the main adjustments you may need to make is making the ball go higher on command. This is so important because if there is any obstacle between you and the green as already said above it will be easy to bypass it.
7. Master the three compulsory stylesListed below are the three main fundamentals to improve your chipping skills. As long as you train and master these 3 tips it will be easier to make a chip shot that will accurately reach the green and generate more points for you. The three main points are explained below:
- Make a tight backswing – This means moving the club backward appropriately to hit the ball. Moving the club too far might cause a heavy strike on the ball which will make the ball swing beyond the target. To avoid this, you need to make an accurate backswing hitting the ball as short as possible it hit the green.
- Maintaining a flat left wrist position – This means that when you play a chip shot, your left wrist needs to maintain a flat position. This will allow you to have a beautiful control over the club and help to send the ball on it way accurately towards the target. Making your wrist flat through the hitting area needs a lot of discipline and self-control. This is one of the main areas that need a lot of practice in order to be mastered.
- Leaning left – This is the most important tip needed when you need to play a more accurate shot. It is so necessary that your weight is slightly leaning towards your left foot because you need to set a downward angle on the ball so as to hit a quality chip shot.