Top 9 golf club sets in 2019
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set (16-piece)When you’re just starting out in golf, you’re most likely going to start with rental clubs. While that’s a great way to actually learn the ropes, you’ll most likely soon grow tired of using a hand-me-down and will want to move on to a set that’s just yours. the Callaway Ultimate 16-Piece set is actually one of the best sets to get you started. For starters, it’s a reasonably priced set for how much it offers. With 16 pieces, it has everything a golfer of any level of experience may need: a driver, fairway wood, hybrid, putter, iron/wedge, as well as a stand bag to carry all of your clubs. The entire package is also incredibly lightweight and is available in variants both for women and lefties. What you’ll notice right off the bat is the fact that the clubs are incredibly easy to use. The driver, for example, is very lightweight with a great sweet spot, which makes taking a swing as well as hitting the ball child’s play. Most of this is thanks to the titanium head – you don’t feel the weight even if it’s quite big. The same goes for the fairway wood – it’s very big, but also very easy to use. The other clubs all follow a similar format. The aerodynamic heads make swings effortless, while the 5-hybrid is the perfect length for pretty much anyone – a very welcome addition, as many sets only have long irons. The irons that are here are very forgiving, with a great degree of control thanks to the easy weight. The putter has a t-style alignment, which makes it incredibly effective when it comes to ensuring accuracy. Finally, the stand bag itself is very convenient. It’s incredibly light on its own, ensuring that the entire set stays light whether you’re playing with it or carrying it. It has five pockets, a rain hood, cooler pocket, and a backpack strap, making it very practical for any occasion.
SpecificationsBrand: Callaway Hand-orientation: left and right Total weight: 16 pounds
- Comprehensive set of clubs for beginners
- Lightweight bag
- Good price
- Not the best for those that wish to go pro
2. Cobra Golf Men’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Complete SetThe “superlite” part of Cobra’s comprehensive set is no overstatement. All of the clubs found within the Cobra Golf Men’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Complete Set are made specifically to ensure maximum stability and forgiveness, so that your balls can fly far with ease. The complete set comes with 13 pieces, including 1 driver, 2 fairways, 2 hybrids, 6 irons, 1 putter, and a car bag. All of the clubs found within offer a great level of forgiveness, with a substantially bulky built with none of the weight. While the length of the clubs can’t be adjusted, that actually makes them lighter, as they lack the components that might make them heavier. This is the essence of “superlite” design. The driver is definitely an improvement over the 2018 model, as it is 18g lighter, making it incredibly right, while still maintaining a firm grip that offers good comfort.The internal weighting system helps make balls fly straighter. The fairways and hybrids are much the same, though with heavier shafts. The face is also now made of stainless steel, which actually helps to square it on impact. The complete set itself is a great choice if you’re looking for good value. While the set’s price is still quite steep, you can still save several hundred dollars by buying them in lieu of individual clubs. The sets are available in variants for both men and women, with men having the choice between an 11.5° driver in lite flex and a 10.5° driver in regular flex. The women’s set, on the other hand, comes with a 15° driver, as well as a 3-wood, 5-wood, 7-wood, 5-hybrid, 6i-PW, SW, and a mallet putter. Sadly, neither of the two are available for left-handed players.
SpecificationsBrand: Cobra Hand-orientation: right Total weight: 16 pounds
- Complete set of light, stylish clubs
- Comes with a carry bag
- Very forgiving
- Only available for right-handed players
3. Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package SetIf you’re a beginner and you’re looking for a set that will last you for a long time, the Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package Set is what you need. In fact, this package is great no matter how long you’ve been playing golf or how often you do it. This set offers some incredible value for your money, and the price itself is pretty low too! But let’s dig into the details. What exactly makes this set so great? Well, first of all, ir comes with all the basic clubs you might need for any occasion, including a 460cc titanium driver, fairway wood, hybrid, 5-PW irons, as well as a putter. All of the clubs listed have very large heads, making any hit incredibly easy, no matter how much experience you may have. The design itself is also quite genius, Thanks to its offset quality, it’s much easier to actually send the ball flying. This would mean nothing, however, if the shaft couldn’t make the cut – fortunately, it really does. The iron shaft is made using tempered steel, while the wood shaft is made of 100% graphite. What this means is that the shafts combine great durability with lightness. These are two of the most important factors any golf club needs to ensure peak performance regardless of experience level. Finally, a set of clubs means nothing if you don’t have anywhere to store them. The Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package Set comes with a dual strap stand bag for easy transportation. It also comes with headcovers to ensure that your clubs are always protected from weather conditions.
SpecificationsBrand: Precise Hand-orientation: right Total weight: 30 pounds
- The dual strap stand bag makes carrying clubs easy
- Headcovers ensure maximum protection of the clubs while in the bag
- Good price
- Large heads make it very easy to hit the ball
- Offset design makes it easy to send ball flying
- Only one hybrid – that’s not enough
- No sand wedge – depending on the golf court you play at, this might be a dealbreaker
4. Wilson Staff Deep Red Tour Complete Golf Set (Men’s, Right Hand)Another entry into our list that’s the most ideal choice for those just starting out with golf. While these golf clubs may not have the best performance for those who want to go pro, it’s definitely a solid entry-level golf set that’s dedicated to men. The package contains one 10.5° driver with a graphite shaft, a #3 fairway wood, also with a graphite shaft, a #5 hybrid, #6, 7, 8, and 9 irons, a pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter, as well as a carry bag and three head covers. Needless to say, this is a pretty complete set, with golf clubs for all circumstances present. For beginners, this is the perfect solution, as you have pretty much everything you could ever need starting out in one comfortable package. The set comes in three sizes – standard, tall, and teen. All of the clubs have been designed with ease of use in mind. Large faces allow for easy targeting of the ball, the graphite ensures that the clubs stay light. One prominent feature are the deep cavities in the irons – this is another element added in order to boost accuracy. The weight distribution has been very well optimized, giving players a steady grip while also minimizing the weight of the clubs themselves. The carry bag also has everything a beginner might need. With compartments for your clubs, as well as an incredibly light design and head covers, this bag will definitely give your clubs the protection they need while you’re out golfing.
SpecificationsBrand: Wilson Hand-orientation: right Total weight: 20 pounds
- Excellent entry-level club set with a price to match
- Clubs all utilize the latest technologies to provide the lightest and most accurate experience
- A 460cc driver with a large sweet spot and an aerodynamic design helps increase head speed and distance
- Deep cavities in the irons allow for greater precision
- Bag is very lightweight with a number of pockets
- The scoring clubs have a very low weighting, which gives them better greenside control and improved shotmaking
- Available in three sizes
- Only available for right-handed users
- Only good for beginners
5. Tour Edge HT Max-J Junior Golf SetIt’s never too early to start playing golf! If you’re looking for a set to get your kids hooked on the sport, here’s one that’s quite a good candidate. This set has everything a child would need to learn the game and work on their skills. All of this is ensured by the sheer selection of golf clubs in this set. The main attraction is the 350cc iron. For its size, it’s powerful, and it’s light and forgiving enough that a child won’t have any trouble swinging it or hitting the ball. The putter also bears mentioning, as it has a mallet shape that makes it very easy to sink balls. Other than that, you’ll find a whole selection of hybrids made of stainless steel, as well as some woods, which are not only guaranteed to improve your child’s performance, but also make them really excited about golf thanks to their professional aesthetics. This set is best suited for children aged 9 to 12, but it should only be used under adult supervision. Both girls and boys may enjoy this product to its full potential, and it comes available in a variety of colors, as well as for both right and left-handed players. The gold bag that comes with this three-piece set is very durable, light, and also very spacious – which is important for when your child really gets into golf and you want to expand their club collection.
SpecificationsBrand: Tour Edge Hand-orientation: left and right Total weight: 9 pounds
- Great starting point for kids
- Very powerful and durable driver (350cc)
- Solid iron and putter
- Great value for its price
- Lifetime warranty
- Durable bag
- Might be too tall for some kids, and there’s no option to customize in that regard
6. PreciseGolf Co. Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Set for ChildrenWe’ve got one more kids’ golf set on our list and it’s also quite a good choice regardless of your kid’s gender. The main thing this set has going for it is the price. If you’re looking for a budget option that’s still perfectly usable for young golfers, this is definitely worth a shot. In fact, for beginning child golfers, the Precise X7 is pretty great. The clubs within the set are all very lightweight and allow the kid to very easily get familiarized with the rules. The shafts are made of graphite, which helps ensure the aforementioned lightness, and the large sweet spots are the perfect way for golfers to build up speed in their swing, on top of ensuring that the club will hold a straight line even when the strike has been off-center. The set consists of a driver with a 15° loft – this might seem like a bit much for a child, but this actually helps the children learn how to make a good flight path better. Precise X7 Junior also contains two irons – a 6/7 iron and a 9/PW. The former is perimeter-weighted, which makes it much easier to secure solid contact. The latter, on the other hand, makes it better to swing around the green. Aside from that, the set also contains a 22° hybrid with a very bulky facem as well as a mallet putter, which seems to be just made for kids. The set is available in three sizes, each corresponding to a different age group – 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. It also comes with a shoulder-strapped stand bag – it’s very lightweight and its structure makes it particularly easy for kids to carry on their own.
SpecificationsBrand: Precise Hand-orientation: left and right Total weight: 7 pounds
- Great budget option for kids just starting out
- Three sizes available
- Quality bag that’s easy for kids to carry on their own
- A solid mallet putter that ensures contact
- Woods that have a great loft for maximum distance and ball height
- The number of clubs is quite limited
7. Wilson Women’s Profile XD Complete Golf Set with BagWhen it comes to golf clubs specifically tailored to women, it looks like Wilson might just be on the right track. The Wilson Women’s Profile XC Complete Golf Set with Bag is a collection of some pretty formidable clubs, with a great emphasis on increasing distance. Recommended for beginners and intermediate players, this set can definitely help you in terms of increasing the ease at which you can lift the ball into the air. So what’s in this set? First of all, you have a set of some very high-quality woods that are incredibly stylish and handle very well. Next up we have some very large, very forgiving irons that are perfect for beginners and above. Then there are the two XD wedges – this part alone makes this set worthwhile, as these are top-quality wedges that are half the price of what you would normally pay for this tier. The main advantage of these clubs is that they all have a focus on increasing the distance you can fly your ball at, so they’ll pretty much be a good fit for any type of playfield. One thing that’s missing here is some kind of hybrid between the 5-wood and 5-hybrids, as most players would probably benefit from a longer hybrid regardless of their level of experience. The graphite-shafted irons come in a set of four, ranging from 6 to 9. They have a low center of gravity and perimeter weighting, which makes it very easy to hit the target. The two wedges, on top of being incredibly high-quality, have a very unique design that makes them feel like a premium product. As the name indicates, the set also comes with a very practical bag that should do the job of containing and transporting your clubs nicely. With that, the package is complete and it’s definitely a worthwhile addition. It’s easy to say that Wilson has very nearly knocked it out of the part with this one.
SpecificationsBrand: Wilson Hand-orientation: left and right Total weight: 2 kilograms
- Great for beginners and intermediate players
- The wedges in particular offer amazing performance for a decent price
- Good looks are combined with some incredibly clever design choices and quality materials
- It could use an additional hybrid between the 5-wood and the 5-hybrid iron
8. Callaway Golf 2019 Big Bertha Iron SetCallaway’s Big Bertha line has always been a big deal in terms of looks and innovation – and that much is true for the 2019 iteration as well. With a reputation of irons that make it the easiest to launch at a far distance, there is no denying the fact that we’re dealing with the second coming of a legend here. One thing you’ll notice right off the bat is the aesthetic. Big Bertha has always been a perfect representative in the looks department, and the 2019 edition, with its smoked gray finish, shiny silver shaft, and white paint fill in the bottom all coming together to create a sleek, high-end look. Even if everything else was off about this product, you’d still feel like a pro just holding these irons, getting a good feel of their brilliance. Thankfully, everything else is sound as well. The irons use the Suspended Energy Core, which makes every swing weighty and finish with an audible sound. Their light structure makes it incredibly easy to launch balls, as the Suspended Energy Core is located very low and right across the length of the face, so pretty much every swing is a guaranteed ball in the air. Distance is another aspect in which these clubs perform incredibly well, with the innovative 360 Face Cup that wraps around the edge, boosting the ball’s speed on impact.
SpecificationsBrand: Callaway Hand-orientation: right Total weight: 7 pounds
- A very solid set of irons with cutting-edge technology offering peak performance
- Gorgeous looks
- Price is pretty high up there
- The set includes only irons – not ideal if this is your first-time set, especially for this price
9. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf SetLastly, we have Wilson’s set for the male golfers out there. It’s definitely one of the most professional-grade golf sets on this list. Right off the bat, you’ll notice how solid they look. They’re pretty much made for beginners, offering everything you might ever need to learn the ropes, but that doesn’t mean they won’t work for more experienced players. The club range is quite good. In this set you’ll find one driver, a fairway wood, a hybrid, and 4 hybrids, 6 through 9. And while you won’t find a sand wedge, you’ll still get a pitching wedge and a putter. The ideal beginner’s package would probably also include at least one more fairway wood, but as it is, this is a solid selection of clubs fresh out of the box. The clubs are all designed specifically to make teeing off easier for beginners. The 460cc driver has a very large sweet spot, which makes it incredibly easy to land hits, and if you’re having trouble with hitting fairway shots, the hybrid set included will be of great help. The irons also come with very large sweet spots, making them very forgiving with improved accuracy. The clubs come in a self-activating stand bag, which makes it very easy to carry around a golf course. With tons of pockets to store your clubs and other accessories, it’s very practical and a solid addition to the set. It’s definitely a great set for those starting out that want to get a feel of what a professional golf set looks like.
SpecificationsBrand: Callaway Hand-orientation: right Total weight: 16 pounds
- Professional set of clubs for beginners
- Stand bag offers good mobility
- Good price
- Very forgiving drivers and irons
- Doesn’t come with a sand wedge